Monday, September 14, 2009

How Could I Forget??

Did I tell you?

No, I know I didn't.

Our house sold. As of August 21, 2009, we were no longer homeowners in Oregon.

YEA!!

Of course, with that comes a bit of sadness. The yellow had grown on me and the worn carpet was home to my children's first steps (Quinn and Lulu anyway). There's a bit of loss in saying goodbye to what was such a frustrating yet blissful home.

It doesn't help either that we are still without a home of our own. Grrrr.....someday.

Also, in other news, may I also tell you that yesterday was my 12 wedding anniversary.

12 flippin' years.

It was a bit anticlimatic. (Not even including the fact that I realized, with a physical start, on the 10th that my anniversary was in 3 days.)

Sure we did some celebrating but it was another Sunday - get the kids ready for church, attend church, some home and look sadly at the bed wishing we could take a nap but knowing dinner must be made and the children want to play card games. And then the day was done and we're working on our 13th year.

Do the celebrations get less and less every year?

I did find some joy in thinking that if we've known each other for 14 years, been together for 13 and married for 12 that we should be able to handle another 12 or 30.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Awww Happy Anniversary! So Seth and I haven't been married that long, but it amazes me every year how quickly that anniversary just sneaks up on you.

K-Dub said...

Both are worthy of lengthy acknowledgment. While I should get ooey-gooey about your 12 blissful years, I can't tell you how excited I am that your house sold! Yay! That's got to be a LOAD off your mind. Hopefully it means a home of your own in Juneau now... one with slightly less character than the one you've described ;)

(BTW, as a returning visitor, I want my cake!)

Zillah said...

congrats on both! hurrah!