Thursday, January 31, 2008

Conversations

My friend Alexa has a blog to which she regularly posts conversations between her and her children. I love to read these bits of dialogue; they bring a smile to my face. So, at the risk of displaying my low level of personal creativity, I thought I'd post some of my own.

***

The boys were sitting on the sofa watching ET for the first time. They were watching the scene where Eliot goes out on his own to investigate the shed out back, fearing coyotes might be in the shed.

Quinn: What if there really are coyotes? What if they eat him?
Rhys: Then it will be a short movie.

***

Mom: Rhys, could you please put this in the drawer underneath the fridge?
Rhys: You mean the microwave?
Mom: Yes. Thank you.

***

Lulu: When I grow up, I get to be the boss?
Mom: Yes and when you're the boss, I will be Nana.
Lulu: When I'm the boss, I will work and Nana can take care of my kids.

***

I was snuggling my daughter on the couch this morning. My pj shirt pulled up and she rubbed my belly and said, "Mom, you have a fat belly, like Santa Claus."

***

Mom: Do you remember me waking you up last night?
Lulu: Yes.
Mom: What did I do?
Lulu: You hugged me and told me you loved me and kissed me and you snuggled me!
Mom: Yes I did.
Lulu: When you are a little girl, I will snuggle you.

No comments: