Thursday, April 30, 2009

Current Happenings

OK - so this is not an oldie but unshared goodie but I'm trying to get this blog active again. (Do two buts in a sentence constitute a run-on?)

Today was C.R.A.Z.Y.

I got a call last night that someone wanted to come see my house today at 9:30am. I was up until 9:30 pm cleaning and then up this morning and cleaning by 7:30. I came home for lunch, ready for a nap as this week has been exhausting only to have another realtor call me wanting to show my house at 5pm AND 6pm.

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled that people are coming to look at the house but managing 3 children of my own plus two extras for most the day AND having a clean house AND helping my kids get their work done while having to be out of the house so that they can show the house?

Yeah. No fun.

On the upside, the kids LOVE takeout but were disappointed that I refused to take them to McDonald's.

On the double upside, have I mentioned that Robert is flying in for the weekend tomorrow?

Can you see my grin?

I think the space shuttle can!

That's my day, focusing on the silver lining.

I'll let you know if any offers come my way. ****fingers crossed & prayers said****

4 comments:

Shelby said...

I hope you had a great weekend with Robert, those few days are sooo special!!! Any follow-ups on your house? My fingers are crossed for you :)

Jillybean said...

Here's a "trying to sell your house" tip.
We had about 15 couples come to look at our house the day we were moving. We didn't intend for it to happen this way, but it turned out to be a good thing because we didn't have to clean, instead we just said "Please excuse the mess, we're packing."
We didn't bother telling them that the house always looked like we were packing.

Seriously, just put out a few moving boxes.

(We got two offers on our house that day)

Lizzie said...

I saw your grin gleeming all the way across the street... I tried to call and say "MRS. CHINCHILLY THERE IS A MAN IN THE HOUSE AND I THINK HE HAS A P#$%^." But no you were smart and turned the phone off! YOU ARE A SMAWRT GURL!

Megan O. said...

Hey! Just checking in with you for the first time in forever. I see you haven't been a faithful blogger lately either. How's it going with the house? Did it sell?