Thursday, April 2, 2009

Self-Delusional

Did you notice I didn't post yesterday? I didn't on purpose; I was afraid my inner devil might come out and I might do something crazy, which would then make me feel guilty and the vicious cycle would just continue.

So, I abstained. It took some doing (duct taping my hands to my butt) but I did it!

The kids and I recently had the joy (no sarcasm here) of tending a friend's farm animals while she was out of town. We loved it! There were three lambs, a llama, 3 rams, a bunch of bottomless pit, I'm always so damn hungry goats and sheep and a few large dogs disguised as cows.

And of course, we HAD to take pictures.

I don't know about you, but I have a vision of myself in my head. Said vision, does not look like this:

or this:

But when you see yourself in all your 2-D glory, it hits you, BAM!!! Maybe that darn Wii Fit was right and I really am obese with a horribly high BMI.

And maybe, just maybe, I don't really look like this:

Ok. So I'm not quite THAT delusional.

But still.



And then, to add insult to serious injury, I get this email:

Hi Maraiya, cute picture! It's sure fun being back in Alaska... do you miss being here? I thought I heard a rumor that maybe your family is moving to Alaska? Is that right? I'm convinced that Alaska is our home ... and I love it!

My focus for 2009 is regaining my health! I kind of lost track of myself for a number of years ... but I've found myself again! Yeah! Check out my webiste: XXX.isagenix.com. I'd love to have you join my team! :)
Now, I realize that my friend (who hasn't said boo to me since we hooked up on facebook) is just looking for more people on her downline. I know that! But internally? This is my dialogue:

Holy Hannah! I'm fat! I'm so fat that people I don't know very well are calling me and saying,"Hey Maraiya! You look like you could lose some weight and you look fat enough that you look desperate to lose weight. So desperate that you will be willing to buy my uber expensive product and sell it to all your friends, because you know, after using my uber expensive product, you will be trim and svelte!"
Crikey.

What did I do to get over this terribly travesty?

Well.....

I laid down for a bit.

Ate some chocolate.

And taped this to the mirror:

so I could slip back into my nice safe delusion

AND - I vowed never to let my children use my camera again!

8 comments:

Zillah said...

well, i think you look beautiful. and you should tell your friend to shove...well, you fill in the blank.

i have this picture taped to my mirror, to remind myself that it could be worse:
http://z.about.com/d/arthistory/1/0/h/l/vett_ngl_08_08.jpg

M said...

In my friend's defense, I think she was just trying to share her tools (she's lost a LOT of weight) but also to build up the business.

And that link - HOLY COW!! LMAO! That is priceless. I think I'm going to put that one up too.

mia said...

Well, I think striped shirts do not help us curvy ladies look "all that" (even though we both like them)
I will lose weight with you if you would like. When do you want to start? When you get up here...right now (or next week) I can't start now...I ate two handfuls of chocolate chips! (I failed already and I haven't even started!)

M said...

I don't know....I want to lose weight (it'd be a heck of lot healthier and I wouldn't miss the 9mo prego belly) but I never do well at it. *sigh*

I just need to suck it up and love who I am and know that's what I look like and still let myself get photographed because in the end, my kids won't care, they'll just want the photos.

M said...

Oh and, I'm not fat; I'm zaftig.

Lena's Mom said...

I personally think you are beautiful inside and out and don't pay any attention to those who feel the need to put you down.

Shelby said...

This has got to be one of your funniest posts yet! You crack me up!

Carrie and Megan said...

Hey, you can't possibly tape that picture to your mirror, her bra size is waaaaaay to small for you!!! Sometimes you have to flaunt what you got that the rest of us don't got and forget about the rest! Love you!