Sunday, March 16, 2008

Conversations III

March 1, 2008

Emmalouise:1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8..9..10..11..12..13...16!
Quinn: uno, dos, tres, quatro, cinco, seis, siete, ocho...
Emmalouise: No, Quinn! I speak Engliss.

****

March 8, 2008

Emmalouise (on the phone with Poppa): Carbon [our dog] can't speak. I'm teaching her how to speak so I can understand her.

****

March 11, 2008

(Quinn and I were discussing his sleep over with his cousin coming up on Friday.)

Quinn: When's Friday?
Mom: Well, today is Tuesday, so tomorrow is Wednesday and then Thursday and Friday. So three days.
Quinn: Then I need to get packing!

****

March 16, 2008

In which breakfast is eaten while all three of my children pretend to be characters from Sky High.

Emmalouise: But I'm your girlfriend! (Pause.) I'm Leila!
Rhys: Then use your plant powers Leila.
Emmalouise: I can't. I ran out. They're all gone.

Emmalouise (yelling from the bathroom): Stronghold! Stronghold!
Rhys turns
Emmalouise: You can talk to me in the bathroom, just use your phone.
(as Lulu talks into a toy car, her "phone.")

Mom: So Quinn, who are you? Warren Peace?
Quinn gets a sly grin.
Rhys: No, he's someone made up with psychic powers.
Another sly grin from Quinn.

No comments: