Wednesday, February 11, 2009

ANTM Hits the Nest

I learned in college that when life hits crisis mode, it's time to change the hair.

I started my freshman year with waist length hair and ended up bobbing the whole thing shortly after my year began.

Several times since I have chopped my hair to cope with life's changes or to waken myself to something new. (Notice I've never dyed it or permed it - quite frankly I'm a little too vain to want to damage it to the extent that would be required to change my dark, dark, DARK brown color and I've done the perming thing; it is so not attractive on me!)

However, perming and dying aside, I have currently made a vow to let my locks grow as a gift to my hubby (who continually bemoans the loss of my long tresses). So right now, what's a girl to do?

Blog makeover.

Oh, whoops. That should be said with lots of exclamation marks.

BLOG MAKEOVER!!!! (Imagine some hearts, girls shrieking and giggling as well.)

Not nearly as effective in creating a life change but good for an evening's distraction and a smile on my face!

And unlike hair, I can do this nightly without any long term effects.

8 comments:

Suburban Correspondent said...

I'm sorry. I'd leave a compliment, but...the mouse thing...you know...

Lisa said...

I love it! I totally feel you on the hair changing thing. I do it too. However, I've ventured to the coloring thing...not always the best idea. Good idea to stear clear :)

M said...

Thanks! I started with light pink but thought it was a big blah. The yellow is very sunny and cheery and such a nice contrast to our gray skies.

Zillah said...

i love it!

(i also change my hair--which is why i now look just like my brother. good move on keeping change limited to your blog.)

M said...

I'm not sure about this new template....I may go back to the sunny yellow but plain one. Hmmmm....

Shelby said...

I LOVE the new look!

K-Dub said...

*Eeeee!* (Shrill, very sorority). *Snaps* to your *new* stylin' *blog*, M-girl!

M said...

Kari - thanks. Your response may be funnier than my whole post!