Wednesday, May 27, 2009

If I Had A Million Dollars....

...which is really code for, "If I had so much money I could never spend it all," because we all know that million dollars, particularly after taxes, ain't going to get you very far in this day and age.

It's also one of my favorite Barenaked Ladies songs but I digress.

I'm not really sure I'd be all that inventive with the money actually. (Hence why I've never posted this entry.)

I would do boring things:
  1. Pay off debts
  2. Own at least two houses outright - one here and one in Alaska. Another house in Seattle with a car for Mia and the kids when they visit Children's.
  3. Give money to family members.
  4. Set up trusts for my children.
  5. Sock money away for Rob and I.
And yeah, that's it.

Seriously.

Okay, I'd go a little shopping happy and buy books - so many books - and maybe have some built-in book shelves (because I love those too) installed so that I could store all those books. Or maybe build a library like the one in Beauty and the Beast because I've been in love with that room since I saw the movie.

I'd give lots of money away too. Maybe set up my own charitable organization. (Because we're talking about more than a million dollars otherwise I'd have been broke after #2.)

Hmmmm....I'd travel. Forget really cool indoor playgrounds and all that, I'd get passports for us all and see the world. I would really love to live for months or a year in different countries to learn more about the people and their culture. Oh, I would so love that.

Can you buy your way on to MoTab? Cause I'd love to sing in the choir. And maybe they'd wave the "living in Utah" requirement and just let me commute from another state, seeing as I'd have my own plane and all.

What about sleeping in the Lincoln bedroom? Would Obama go for that? Maybe I'll have to vote for Hilary in a few years so that can happen....

Seriously, I think that's it.

Maybe I'd take a class on expanding my creativity, apparently I need some help.

What would you do? (I figure I can get some great ideas or be comforted by the fact that everyone else is just as dull as I am.)

No comments: