Sunday, October 26, 2008

Insert Lame Title Here

I was going to title this "Not much to say" but apparently I've already used that title. That's just bad form. But I'm sitting on my front porch on this gloriously sunny October fall afternoon. The air is warm with a hint of chill; the countryside is filled with color - glorious yellows, red and oranges against a backdrop of dark evergreen; my children are playing with the neighbor kids in what used to be our garden patch but is now a big empty space of dirt - perfect for digging and creating all sorts of worlds and adventures. And I am blogging.

How could life get any better than this?

I thought I would share a good moment as I'm so talented at sharing the less than happy ones.

I would like to share some funny moments - you know, try and join the "funny haha woman club" but it's Sunday afternoon and, like all good Mormons out there, my brain is comatose and I really just want a good nap.

I will say, though, that for the past month I have been having crAazy dreams - you know, the kind you usually have when you're pregnant (and no, I'm not). I wanted to write some of them down just for kicks (and because I thought they might make entertaining posts) but the only one I remember was one in which I was Jennifer Garner (Jennifer from Elektra or Alias as opposed to wussy Catch and Release Jennifer) and I was awesome and all this stuff was happening so I told myself to just remember the general theme (Jennifer Garner/Elektra/Alias) and I would be good. So, now that's all I remember.

It's like when I was a teenager and had a terribly romantic, happy dream that involved cowboys. I woke up, thought I should write it all down (but was too tired) and so I remembered the code word (cowboys) and went back to sleep. That's all I remember to this day.

Wow - I'm really reaching here.

We went to the pumpkin patch yesterday. I think my kids have reached that in-between age when they think they're too old to like such lame, little kid activities and not quite old enough that they realize the little kid activities are really all the fun things in life. They whined about posing for photos, "Look like you're having fun damnit!" They played in the kid area but only because they wanted to climb on top of the playhouses and climbing structures, "Sure kids, go play. No wait, stop climbing, be respectful, mind your manners and stop climbing on top of all the toddler toys." The pumpkin choosing process was blah and I'm sure only done because of the possibility of Mom letting them carve said pumpkins on their own with a knife. A large one. Because that would be manly. The tractor ride was stinky and they sat on the benches as opposed to the straw bales. They whined for ice cream and barely had any interest in the animals, aside from torturing them, "Stop chasing the ducks! Don't poke your finger in that cage, the rabbit might bite you."

It was a painful event for all. I almost found myself saying, "Have fun or else every one gets a time out!!" but I managed to refrain (although the rest of the above is true enough).

Maybe it's a good thing we couldn't take the family photo yesterday afterall.

4 comments:

Jillybean said...

We went to the pumpkin patch last week. Our trip sounds rather similar to yours. I believe I said "Sit there and at least look like you're having fun so I can take the picture."
They didn't have a play area at the pumpkin patch that we went to.
And Sunday afternoons were created specifically for taking naps.

And blogging.

M said...

Too bad we can't do both at the same time. Then again, some of my entries feel like I was. Yesterday's definitely did. I swear, there were no synapses firing!

Lizzie said...

Well I think your funny
lately I truely enjoy the messages I get from you and by the way! you didn't leave me one today BAD BABY YOU ARE NAUGHTY~! and if others could see you the way I see you woo hoo they would know that you look not like Jennifer whats her name but just like Angelina Jolie! woo hoo she is sexy

And for the children, please you should have duct taped them to a goat and let them go for a ride pretend they are not yours and let them "ride it out" (get it)

M said...

I will have to remember that idea for our next pumpkin patch trip. And shhh....don't give away the truth about my day job! ;)