Monday, October 27, 2008

Last Night's Dream

So those weird dreams I've been having? I finally remembered one. I guess part of the key to remembering them is to review the dream once you're awake instead of just trying to remember a "code word."

I was teaching a youth class at church. I walked in expecting the handful of students that I normally have but the room was packed. Everyone was sitting in little groups by tables and there was a hodge podge of youth and adults. Some of the people I couldn't really tell their age because I remember them from high school, which, clearly, has been a while for me. I even started to use a microphone because there were so many people and I wanted to make sure that they could hear me.

I started with a warm-up (because I'm a firm believer in those). I can't quite remember what the warm-up was but they were guessing REALLY random things. They started to get close with the idea of tithing (the word slips in my hands were talents - 10/5/1 and then Celestial, Terrestial and Telestial) but even when I encouraged them to continue in the money vein they went all over the place again. I was getting frustrated. Then music started to play.

All of a sudden, though I vaguely remember seeing it before in the dream, there appears this intricate system of stereos all tied together so that when one tape (yes, I said tape) finished playing, the other would start automatically. Some of those stereos were set to play LOUDLY! So I run around turning all those stereos off when who pops up but Dr. Phil. (I noticed him in the class earlier and quite frankly, his presence made me nervous like when members of the bishopric come to Young Women's and then stay to hear and to observe your lesson. Not a good time.) He starts to take charge while I'm dealing with the stereos and removes the tables and sets the chairs up in a typical classroom fashion. By the time he's done I'm down from a crowd (say 40-50 students) to 2 students. 2. I'm sure you can imagine my response.

I totally start crying and Dr. Phil starts teaching the class and I leave feeling humiliated and completely undermined. I start walking and notice some of the class students. I try and talk them back to class, ask why they leave and end up testifying to a few of them.

Then I woke up.

What a trip. Definitely not as fun as the Jennifer Garner dream, but hey, at least I remembered this one.

I think it all means that I am too immersed in pop culture and I need to start spending time with other things to keep Jennifer Garner and Phil McGraw out of my sleeping head! :)

No comments: