Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Next To Godliness

Cleanliness that is and since I've completely failed to maintain my dresser's blessed clean state alone I am reaching out to the greater blogging community for help - DDA as it were (dirty dressers anonymous - wow, no double entendre intended but that's pretty funny).

So, following Suburban Correspondent's shining example, I give you "the stuff I kicked off my dresser this week"; in other words, the difference between this...

and this...

is this.
To the far left, (and no, this is not a political statement Mr. Freud) we have the "garbage pile:"
  • Quinn's Halloween poster
  • Quinn's spelling test
  • Quinn's pumpkin for the class calendar
  • a broken button (which I didn't notice while wearing the sweater until after church was over)
  • a 3 Musketeers empty wrapper (to be fair, it was actually full when I clean off my dresser but I deserve some chocolate for cleaning before 8am)
  • 2 bank deposit slips and junk mail
  • bouncy ball (must get thrown away because these cause nothing but mayhem and harm)
  • a dead bit of plant that I cut off and must have missed
  • an empty pencil case
  • little bits of Halloween fun from Quinn's teacher (why, oh why do they send this stuff home?! I am so throwing it away before he realizes it's gone and wants it.)
  • 3 used tissues and an empty ear plug bag (I snore, therefore I am)
Next, in the "Need To Be Put Away" pile (which does overflow a bit and touch the garbage pile):
  • a thermometer (from when Lulu got sent home last Tuesday with a fever and yet, half an hour later, when I took her temperature at home, there wasn't one. Curiouser and curiouser.)
  • 2 pieces of stationery for love letters
  • a privacy policy from the clinic I went too (I never did blog about that....)
  • a vehicle registration I've been looking for
  • a box of tissues
  • Lizzie's pink sweatshirt
  • 2 pens, an orange crayon, a suitcase key (like I can use those anymore), an empty water bottle (which I will refill)
  • sewing/mending bag
  • rechargeable batteries, unused tissues, tampon
  • recipes copied while tending the book fair last month
  • two addresses that I need to copy into my address book
  • Study information for Robert on outboards (it's what I put under the laptop when I'm using it in my room)
  • P90X information - this is the workout stuff I've been doing with a friend (do you see now why I was so happy to have completed and entire workout?!) It's meant for people in shape not really overweight people so we're just mucking along.
Behind the "Need to be put away pile" are 4 dirty shirts that need to go in the wash.

On the far right are clean clothes to hang up (including my husband's dress pants and tie from Sunday - not political comments aside, I find it humorous that the far right includes dress pants and a tie).

And in the back right corner, my mending pile: Rhys' quillow and umbrella

Whew.

Done at last.

And yes, while I was typing I filled the water bottle, recycled stuff, threw stuff away, hung up clothes etc. (But I didn't mend anything; I simply put in it in the "mending pile" which is no longer on my dresser - procrastination is the stuff of life.)

See how good this is for me.

Just wait until I start posting on the laundry....

1 comment:

mia said...

I have a question....all of THIS was on your dresser?? Holy Cow woman..hahaha

P.S

I think my dresser is worse than yours *wink*