Thursday, January 22, 2009

Robert's Gone

And I'm sad. Very, very sad.

I know I shouldn't be; we are still happily married, I'm going to see him again in a month and we'll be together come July, which really isn't all that far away.

But...



His side of the closet is empty.

His truck is missing from our driveway.

His dirty socks and wet towels aren't on the floor.

His laugh isn't in this house.



I miss him terribly and it's hasn't even been 12 hours since he left.


I was hoping I wouldn't be this sad.

But I am.

6 comments:

Zillah said...

:(

Lena's Mom said...

I'm so sorry you're sad, I know how you feel though with Randy's job transfering him everywere. Thank goodness for good friends that have great shoulders.

Shelby said...

**sniff**sniff**
I am sorry for your sadness. The time will fly by, I promise. The girls and I made a countdown calendar to keep track of when Greg will be home next. It is a nice visual for the kids.

M said...

Z, Laura, Shelby - Thank you!!! I will have to start the countdown thing (not to mention how much that would help Lulu with the concept of time and days and weeks and months).

I'm feeling quite a bit better today - didn't even cry when he called me from Bellingham this afternoon. No wails of, "I love you. I miss you." Progress to be sure.

Shelby - I like your new picture.

Bored in Vernal said...

oh, my sweet.

Lizzie said...

OOH sweetie, It does get easier as time goes by and just think farthness makes the heart grow fonder... Just think of it as a little vacation and when you see each other as a little honeymoon..
I am here for you...xoxoxolizzie