Wednesday, April 2, 2008

April Fool's!

As mentioned in the comments section of April 1's post, I'm feeling a bit guilty. (Particularly since BiV posted and I'm a huge fan. Nothing like having someone you highly respect comment on what was a joke!) I did have a moment's hesitation before posting as I am highly gullible but in the end, my funny bone was too tickled not to hit the publish button. (BTW, the image to the left is a sheepish grin.)

I also thought it was fitting to share: yesterday, I took Lulu to APC. We were eating lunch in the cafeteria with all the 1 and 2 graders. The adult in charge got everyone's attention and announced that it would be "rainy day recess" and that everyone would have to return to their classrooms after eating lunch. The kids were stunned and the room was silent. I was outraged! Could they not see the sun streaming through the windows?! On previous days, when it had actually been rainy, they had still let the kids go outside with the admonishment to play on the black top only. Surely they could do so today?! The mother sitting next to me said, "Oh, April Fool's." Sure enough, the same adult in charge announced a few minutes later that it was indeed an April Fool's joke. The kids were laughing, throwing their heads back and howling kind of laughter. It was delightful. And I felt a bit foolish that at my age I was still as easily snookered as a six-year-old.

My boys came home and were full of: "Mom, there's something wrong with the computer;" "Lulu, your hair is green;" "There's a spider on the wall." "APRIL FOOL'S!" So much so that I had to call an end to the hilarity. But there was something so just plain fun about the innocent jests that I guess I wanted to get in on that.

Again, hope you have a chuckle. Forgive me. And know that I will most likely, visit from an angel of God excepting, only ever have my three children.

1 comment:

Bored in Vernal said...

lol! You are the only one who "got" me this year!