Friday, April 25, 2008

Bliss

Today I celebrated.

Today I tried to teach my daughter to say, "Hooray! The writers' strike ended!" (Yes, I know it ended a while ago but at last, long last, the fruits of that resolution are ripe.)

Today I watched a host of ads for all new episodes of my favorite shows. My vampire show - horribly acted but I've this weird fascination for "good" vampires. My amnesiac show - love ditsy, good hearted blondes. And Jean Smart - really, I would watch almost anything with Jean Smart in it. I haven't checked to see if new episodes of my forensic anthropologist show are playing but I'm looking forward to hearing more on the mystery of the Gormagon.

But seriously...seriously, it's all about Seattle Grace.

Grey's Anatomy is back. It was bloody and bit gory but at the end of the show, there's just something about it that makes me...not quite happy because sometimes it leaves me crying and distraught. But the dialogue is intriguing and witty, the situations are messy and involved and the characters are heartbreakingly real (although with a disturbing lack of morality). Of course, Patrick Dempsey and his "soulful eyes" doesn't hurt either. End of the day, I just love watching this show.

*happy sigh* I just had to share my bliss.

No comments: