Thursday, April 24, 2008

Spring Fever

Remember that post where I waxed poetic about the beauty of every season? I was delusional.

How could I have forgotten the agony of allergies and the fact that I seem to be allergic to everything around me both in the spring and fall? Forget the trees in blossom and the tulips and daffodils bursting around me; it's hard to think when you can't breathe and your head feels like a giant zit needing to be popped.

I used to wonder why God hadn't inspired my family to settle back home in Juneau, Alaska. We tried to move, several times, but always felt that it wasn't right or nothing would work out enabling us to move. Given the current family drama, I've become grateful that we didn't move. However, I am now questioning God's foresight as to having us live just slightly due south of "the Grass Seed Capital of the World." Yea me! Yea my sinuses!

And furthermore, because now I'm on a rantin' roll, what is the whole purpose of allergies? There is nothing wrong with grass seed or tree pollen or whatever it is trees send out, but my body responds as if they were miniature Jeffrey Dahmers out to destroy me. Allergies are simply my own body's reactions to these invaders and the medication to make it better blocks the histamine my body produces. Is this God's way of reminding me that I am my own worst enemy? Is this some sort of cosmic symbolism that even the smallest things can cause problems of epic proportions?! I just don't know. I just know that right now, not even fruit trees in blossom are making my allergies feel worth the price of Spring.

No comments: