Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I'm a Happy Girl

"Today's the day. What kinda day? A day for you can be anything you wanna be show!"

Or something like that.

It's been a long time since Blue and I were best friends.

But today is the day! And my DH and children remembered.

No singing but they gave me music.


Did you notice it was pink? Soft, blush pink? So perfect.

It's small and adorable and holds 2GB. It plays videos and holds pictures too and, even better, lets me have playlists so I can only listen to the music I want to listen to (unlike my last mp3 player). I know it's no iPod (for all of you techno savvy people reading) but I'm so in love and happy to be thought of on today.


And yes, I feel older. But not ancient.

No. I feel wise. And fabulous.


***PS - In case you feel the need to read everything I post (I know, surely none of you are as AR as me!), I'm back posting one or two items from last weekend.

12 comments:

mia said...

Takes me back to good old days...HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you.
You sure grew out of your baby ways..HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you.
(your age)wish you many more, health and wealth and friends by the score..cut the cake and lets eat some more...HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you :)

M said...

:) Yea!

Carrie and Megan said...

Happy birthday to you and happy anniversary to me!! What a great day.

Alexa said...

I got an MP3 player two Christmas' ago and am still totally in love. In fact, less than a year after I got it, it froze up, and for a few weeks until I could get the free replacement, I really missed my little red friend! I totally get it!

Zillah said...

happy birthday!

Jillybean said...

Have a happy birthday
Youhooo!
And we'll have a great day
Toohooo!
Everybody play,
cause it's Maraiya's special day!
Happy Birthdaaaay

Blow out your candles!

(song courtesy of Blues' birthday video)

Jillybean said...

Cool new toy!

Look at you getting all technological!

Jillybean said...

Hey, Hey
(Hey hey)

Shubedy ay
(shubedy ay)

BEE bop bay
(bee bop bay)

Hey Hey
(hey hey)

I don't know where it comes from but when you sing (sing) sing,
There it is!!

I've seen all these Blue's clues videos more recently than I care to admit.

Jillybean said...

This month is such a special one it's birthday time for you!
(For you!)
We'd really like to celebrate this happy day with you!
(With you)
Zippidy ay and heidy ho there's something we can do,
(FOR YOU!)
We'll sing a song that we all knooooow...
Happy Birthday to YOU!
(TO YOU! WOO HOO!!!)

(Extra words courtesy of the 11 year old boys in our primary)

Jillybean said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

M said...

ROFL! Ah Jill, You rock! Thank you. Thank you especially for your homage to Blue. We have sung the "shoo-be-de-day" or however song so many times. It was with great joy that I finally donated our tape (yeah, that old) to the library or some such. Thank you for the songs.

Lex - He even got me a little dock so I can listen to the music without headphones! really, I think he just doesn't want me plugged in, not listening to him all the time!

Zillah - Thank you.

Carrie - Happy A day! 13, oh wait, 14 years! You go girl!

Shelby said...

Happy BELATED Birthday to you! I'm just now getting back in to my "blogging mode". I really do miss thing when I don't check in for a week!!