Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Sets of Three

Have you ever heard the saying that bad things come in threes? It's cliche and not always true but it seems to be in my life. The sentence in my head sounded much funnier but somehow this is what came out in type.

Sunday night I was walking barefoot in my kitchen (as I'm wont to do - I hate shoes) and stepped on something. After bleeding all over the floor and enduring my husband poking around, we discovered it was a lovely glass shard about 2-3mm square. Oh the pain! Oh the blood!

Monday morning, Quinn dropped our cat only to have her land directly on my Achilles' tendon and leave a two inch scratch. Oh the pain! Oh the blood!

Monday afternoon I came home from spending 3 hours at the lake, the opposite side of the lake which I normally go to, the side that, as it turns out is much, much sunnier. I slept with Solarcaine and ice packs and ibuprofen and this morning I am braless and trying to ignore the incessant slow burn in my shoulders and upper back. Oh the pain!

But, there's my three. I think I'm done. For now.

Until the next set hits.

Tomorrow, no doubt, because that's just how this life seems to go.

3 comments:

Jillybean said...

You poor thing!
If I lived closer, I would bring you dinner. (Ham, funeral potatoes, and green jello with cheddar cheese.
Yummy!)

M said...

Someday I'm going to visit you and you are going to make the green jello with cheddar cheese and I will try a bite. If I like it, I will spend the rest of the evening laughing my butt off!

mia said...

Wow...i knew about the sunburn, but when did these other things happen to you?? I swear i thought you told me everything...ummm...i think you are dropping the ball old friend.