Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Surprising (?) News

I was thinking about making this a few different posts, dropping hints, leading y'all on, creating suspense in the hopes of raising my comment numbers and perhaps enticing a few people to read and lurk, at the very least.

But, I have no creativity. And, well, I'm not good at keeping secrets, being mysterious or leading people on. The best I can do is, "I bought your Christmas present and I'm not telling what it is." In a very sing-song voice. "You're going to like it. Wanna know what it is? I won't tell you." Yeah, I can be a brat. Who knew?

The point is, however, that I'm not doing that here.

Well, maybe...


nah.

The real reason though is that 90% of the people who read this blog already know. Not too exciting taunting people about information they already have.

So...




We're moving.

To Alaska.

Surprising, no?

Yeah, no one here was shocked either.

And no, this isn't an April Fool's joke.

We're currently doing some further improvements to our home and then it will be for sale. (Anyone want to move to a small town in Western Oregon?) Robert will be leaving, and 99% of our belongings, at the end of February. The kids and I will be here until the sale goes through or we decide to leave, whichever comes last.

We'll see how it goes. This will be an adventure to say the least as we currently have no idea of where we will live or any of that.

More updated later. I'm thinking that I may need to add a few more miracles. Have you ever tried to move to Alaska? It's a bit harder than piling everything into a UHaul and driving off into the sunset. Speaking of which...I have a few calls to make.

9 comments:

Jillybean said...

Yay you!
You seem to really enjoy your trip to Alaska, so I'm assuming that you're excited about all this.

And you ARE creative;0)

M said...

Yeah, I'm excited and scared to death but I think it will all be good. I loved my month up there but I'm not sure sure how I'll fare in January and February when it's dark and cold and I have to deal with snow and ice again in the winter. Blech.

Thank you for the compliment! I try. :)

Lena's Mom said...

You so can't move, this is not fair! I've been trying so hard to get back to Oregon and now YOU are leaving me! What kind of friend are you? Don't you know I will need sane people when I get back there? I know, I know, you're now saying quit whinning Laura, it will all be ok. I just had to get that out. I know you will all do great in Alaska. Now we have a reason to come visit so Randy can do his fishing.

M said...

Absolutely you should visit. I've been telling everyone that we have plenty of floorspace and if adults are coming, we have plenty of kid bed space as we will put our children on the floor. And I would love to have you visit!

Maryann said...

We don't like that news! Maybe you will pull a "Crofts" move and be back in 2 yrs. We love ya!

mia said...

Bawhahahaha! Alaska in the dead of winter!

Alexa said...

Holy cow!!! I could tell from reading your blog that you are love Alaska and moving there sounds wonderful. Gives me one more reason to make a trip to see you and Alaska. Can't wait to hear more details, like what spurred this on.

I agree - you are creative! Do I need to list all your amazing activities again?

Randi said...

Wow! What a shocker!!
I;ll be so excited to read about your adventures. I'll live vicariously through you.

Shelby said...

WOW! I guess you really are going eh? From what you've shared about the opportunities that await you all, sounds like it is a good choice overall. Just think of it as moving home.