Monday, August 25, 2008

When Green Goes Too Far

If you came here expecting a conservative piece skewering the environmentalist movement, you've come to wrong place. Move along. Nothing to see here but a bored housewife with nothing to do, because you know I just sit at home blogging and eating chocolate, but post pictures of the paint color her bathroom could have been.

I know, you're gone already.

*sigh* Sometimes I remember the day when I used to be considered smart with good opinions.

Oh well, onto the paint.

To the left you will see the photo of the paint my husband chose (in his defense, the paint chip didn't look all that bright).

To the right is the color we actually painted our bathroom.

Aren't you glad we watered it down?

Everyone really would have been saying, "Wow...that's...that's green!"

Sometimes I wonder why paint manufacturers even produce certain colors. I think it's a large conspiracy to make gullible homeowners paint their houses horrible colors forcing them to return over and over again for more paint to correct the previous mistake.

See, now I'm a conspiracy theorist. Maybe those politicos who left so quickly should come back and read after all.

3 comments:

Bored in Vernal said...

You know, I actually love this color for a bathroom. I can see it with whites and lavenders and a shower curtain in these colors to pull it together. What a fun makeover!

Bored in Vernal said...

Oh, here's an even better one!

M said...

Ooh, I like the 2nd one. Adriatic - so lovely.