Sunday, August 24, 2008

My Bathroom Part II

I'm hopeful that there will be only one more installment in this series.

Anywho....here's what my bathroom looked like only a short while ago (June 24 to be exact):

This is what my bathroom looked like but a few short weeks ago (Aug 8):

I wish I had taken a picture of the empty bathroom and a picture of my front porch with a "For Sale" sign on one side and a toilet on the other. (I contemplated putting one of my hanging baskets in the toilet bowl - now that's real redneck class!) But I didn't.

This is my bathroom now.

If anyone comments, "Wow, that's...that's green!" I may have a coronary. My BFF Lizzie, when asked to validate our lovely, freshly painted bathroom only commented, "Wow. It's green." That's it. No, "Beautiful paint job!" No, "It looks better than it did yesterday!" No however construed cleverly veiled barely compliment. Nope. "It's green." Thanks Lizzie.

I like the cool color with the white and chrome. I think it looks cheery and simple and lovely.

I also think it will look better with a sink.

(And maybe freshly painted trim and some linen shelves instead of bare studs but then I could just be getting picky.)

5 comments:

Suburban Correspondent said...

Definitely green (and cheery!)...I remember when we had our kitchen floor redone with an Italian tile that was different shades of gray and charcoal (not your typical kitchen colors). I invited a friend in to see it, forgetting to warn her that people either loved or hated it, and she stood there - trying to be polite - and kept saying, "Wow! It's...tile!"

Zillah said...

i heart the green!

i also agree that you should add a sink. i find them helpful.

M said...

SC - Thanks for adding cheery. It made my heart attack slow down. Good to know too that I'm not the only one who struggles with home decorating.

Z - THANK YOU! I heart the green too! I should post a picture of the actual color; we had to mix 1 part "Swimming Pool" to 2 parts white to get the resulting color. The original was wowzah!

Lizzie said...

I said "OOH IT'S GREEN! REALLY REALLY GREEN" I think you did a fabulous job at painting though. and the bathroom looks great with the white accents it tones the green down! But I am going to miss the fact that your naked body won't be in my shower no more! :(

M said...

Lizzie - RRRrrrrrr!