Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Musical Tuesday

It would have been much more alliterative, and in theme, if today had been Monday but as Lulu says, "Today is tomorrow" and therefore Tuesday.

I have been singing. Loudly.

The kind of singing (is it a Freudian slip that I keep typing sinning?) that I only do when no one is around. (See how sinning would fit quite well into that sentence?)

It started this morning when I busted out with, "OOOOKlahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the plain! (Oklahoma) where the...." Really, it was just to belt the "OOOOOKlahoma!" out.

I must confess I was most likely off-key but I was singing with so much gusto, you would have loved it any way.

I have no idea where it came from.

I haven't been reading about Oklahoma.

The musical is one of my least favorite. (I generally don't like musicals by Rodgers and Hammerstein - I know. Sacrilege.)

I haven't heard any news about Oklahoma.

And I haven't met anyone named Laurie, Curly or Aunt Eller recently.

But there it was....

OOOOklahoma!!

Then I moved on to "Hark the Herald Angels sing," "Give Said the Little Stream," which are really more in theme with the season.

What can I say? It's been an odd day and I'm trying to keep my happy bubble afloat despite never ending bad news.

Did I tell you my daughter's preschool is being cut?

OOOKlahoma!

And that our little school district (1 hs, 1 middle school, 2 K-8 and 4 elementary) has to cut 750,000 dollars from it's budget for the rest of the school year?

OOOOklahoma!

And that Robert has less than 40 hours on this semimonthly paycheck?

OOOklahoma!

See? Bubble intact.

It's amazing how little bits of denial things like that work to make my day better.

And when we say
Yeeow! Aye-yip-aye-yo-ee-ay!
We're only sayin'
You're doin' fine, Oklahoma!
Oklahoma O.K.!

1 comment:

mia said...

Well, the church says.."if you have bad thoughts come to mind, you should sing...." LoL I don't know if they mean show tunes...but Ooooklahoma.... *wink*