Sunday, December 7, 2008

What I Learned This Weekend

That too much overly rich Truffle Cheesecake can make one sick

That reading when you are too tired is bad for comprehension; that apostate professor is really an associate professor and my sons' school is not "not an equal opportunity provider."

Sitting too closely together on a church pew is very bad for reverence.

When a 5yo girl says, "I want to bear my testimony," believe her intent but believe her eyes will also get wider than the audience is large and that her voice will become inaudibly soft.

Cleaning the house for a potential buyer on Saturday, who then reschedules to Monday, means that you will have to do all that cleaning twice.

That SQUIRT (super quiet un-interrupted reading time) doesn't seem to mean the same thing to my kids as it means to me.

No comments: