Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Why Is It...

...that every time I'm a hard ass I totally regret it?

I'm a cub scout leader. The other leader, Jennifer, has been called to YW and works night shift at the hospital (she's an RN). We've asked that she be released from her scout calling due to conflicts in time, etc.

I'm moving so it's up in the air as to how much longer I will be here and be able to be a cub leader.

So last den meeting I told the other two assistants that they were going to need to start stepping up to the plate more and Jennifer and I were going to fade into the background.

Today I talked with one of the assistants. She said, "I just can't be a leader right now."

Now, I could have asked her "Why not?" or "What going on?"

Not me.

Nope.

I push on with, "Well unless you want to ask to be released, you're just going to have to be. Jennifer's got to go and I'm up in the air."

She started to cry.

Oh heavens, I made a sweet woman cry today!

Maybe next time I feel like being a hard ass, I should remember the operative word is "ass."

BTW, is it good or bad that my cuss-o-meter keeps increasing?