Friday, June 6, 2008

Brave Mouse

I know that I already used this photo once but I find it so apropos! I feel as though I'm facing death to snatch that piece of cheese to feed my family; today I contacted U of O, Pacific University and LCC about getting ready to apply to a teaching program. *sigh* Breathe. The U of O didn't yield much but PU (that makes me laugh every time - I guess there's a reason they don't abbreviate) sent me an email and has offered to look at my transcript and discuss what I need to do to get ready to apply. I applied for LCC and should get a student number by next week which would enable me to take their math placement test and then register for class. Yea. Baby steps but I'm getting there. Maybe next month I can cross a few more miracles off of my list. Most likely not #2 or #19!

6 comments:

Jillybean said...

Yay you!!

#2 AND #19?
Does that mean that you will be running 2 miles?

M said...

ROFL!! Excuse me while I pick myself up off the ground. Wow. Running two miles - only in my mind.

Shelby said...

I've decided that you lead a double life...the Maraiya that posts at mousesnest and the Maraiya that posts at mousesfamily. So which is it? Who is the REAL Maraiya?
BTW...we went to the Castle the last night, we couldn't quit laughing..and perhas embarassed a few friends along the way. Wish you were there.:)

Jillybean said...

Try this.
Videotape yourself walking the mile, then watch it on a faster speed. It will look like you're running!
You can play it as many times in a row as you want to, and then tell people "I ran 10 miles today!"

Pushing the fast forward button on the remote control would totally count as exercise.

M said...

Shelby - This is my nest so I think I'm more personal here. Mouse Family is for the whole family to read and so it's a bit censored but I'm pleased as punch with my kids so I think both sides are definitely there. I will agree though that the tenor between the two blogs is very different!

I was bummed as all get out when Gina told me you guys went to the Castle!!! If I'd known you were going there, I would have so gone! I would have had a good time trying to make Lacey touch an item from the back wall.

Jill - You are my kind of woman!! What a fabulous idea!! And this is all about miracles; God works in mysterious ways. He wouldn't have given us technology if he hadn't meant for us to use it!!

Lizzie said...

OM Goodness, I am so excited for you, I know that you will be a great teacher,