Sunday, June 1, 2008

God Speaks to Me in the Tongue of Beatles

I was praying this morning, driven to me knees by the weight of my sins and despair. Do you ever feel like you are a faithless servant and that that fact will never change? I feel like that. A lot. So I was praying and God was speaking to me, sweet thoughts of love, when He started singing,
"All you need is love. Du-da-dudadadu. All you need is love. Du-da-dudadadu. All you need is love, love. Love is all you need. Love is all you need."
This song was followed by 1 John 4:8,
"God is love."
He reiterated to me that more important than any despair or sin was just to take time to love Him and to let Him love me. He held my hand with His arm around me and just whispered, over and over, "I love you precious daughter. Let me love you."

So, here's to a happy Sabbath and loving God and letting Him love you.

"All you need is love...Love is all you need." God is all you need.

3 comments:

Maryann said...

I loved your testimony in relief society. you are great and it is true that all you need is love. You are too cute. Heavenly Father touches us in strange ways....kinda like Kristen Ammerman. Love you!

Bored in Vernal said...

You are an inspiration.

mia said...

you know...i find myself singing A Child's Prayer. I love and hate this song at the same time.

"Heavenly Father are you really there." Of course he is there...ugh...this is the part of the song i dont like...it is like we dont have faith or something.
"And do you hear and answer every child's prayer?" Again of course he does...ugh.
I LOVE the next line "Some say that heaven is far away but i feel it close around me as i pray." I can not tell you how much this is true. The feelings when you pray are ASTOUNDING.
The rest of the song is just as true and beautiful as it can be.."Heavenly Father, i remember now something that Jesus told disciples long ago;suffer the children come to me."
Then the end is something i teach my children "Father in prayer i'm coming now to thee." I teach praying is like picking up the phone. You dial and talk to your father .. we are coming to him for a visit.