Friday, July 18, 2008

Interrogating My Children

I picked up this meme from some blog off Mormon Mommy Blogs (sorry I don't remember which one or I would totally link to you) and I thought it was fabulous. I was convinced my children were going to give horrible answers but they were surprisingly kind and loving. Maybe, just maybe I'm a better mom than I think.

Rhys gives the first answers, Quinn the second, and Little Lulu is last.

1. What is something mom always says to you?

"Hi."


"No."


"Please clean up your room."



2. What makes mom happy?


"Us being nice to her, like us listening to her."


"Ummm...Being dry."


"Picking up my food and throwing it away."



3. What makes mom sad?


"Us not obeying her."


"Yelling at her."


"If I don't clean up my room."



4. How does your mom make you laugh?


"Teases me."


"Tickles me."

"Tickling with a feather."


5. What was your mom like as a child?


"Um...um...nice?"

"I'm not sure."

"She was little in Nana's tummy!"

6. How old is your mom?

"She is thirty-*sigh*, thirty-four?"


"Twenty-three."

"(whisper) I don't know. Same age as Poppa."



7. How tall is your mom?

"4 foot...4 feet and 10 inches or 5 feet....5 foot 7?"

"I'm not sure."

(She raised her hands as tall as she could reach.)


8. What is her favorite thing to do?

"Play with us."

"Clean clothes."

"Make my bed and I get to help her make her bed. I always help Mommy make her bed."


9. What does your mom do when you're not around?

"She does just like a normal day, like she would do with me."

"Watch movies."


"Cry."


10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?

"Because she's the best mom in the entire world."

" 'Cuz she looks good."

" 'Cuz the do know you and they love you and they really know your name, Maraiya."


11. What is your mom really good at?

"Being a mom."

"Attacking kids."

"She's really good at thinking."


12. What is your mom not very good at?

"Nothing. She's not good at nothing. She's good at everything. She doesn't have anything she can't do."

"Biking, 'cuz she hasn't biked for a long time."

"Turning on TV's."


13. What does your mom do for her job?

"First she worked as kind-of like a lawyer for people who didn't have money to hire one and now she stays home and helps us."


"Nothing. She doesn't have one."

"Work."



14. What is your mom's favorite food?

"Anything?"


"Spinach?"

"Chinese food."


15. What makes you proud of your mom?

"She's very helpful. She's the best."


"She lets me stay up sometimes and watch movies."


" 'Cuz you are the best mom. Really best mommy."


16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?

"Pinky or the Brain."

"Avatar."


"Belle."


17. What do you and your mom do together?

"Have Family Home Evening and help each other do work."


"Watch movies."

"We play with Barbies."


18. How are you and your mom the same?

"She used to be nine years old like I am nine years old."


"We like playing on the computer."

"We can entertain ourselves and she's such a beautiful girl and she's really good at ballet."


19. How are you and your mom different?

"We're different ages."


"I like playing video games and she kinduv doesn't."

"Her hair doesn't match."


20. How do you know your mom loves you?

"Because she let's me read as long as I can in the summer."


"Because she let's me stay up."


"She really loves me. And types it on her computer."


And by the way, never been a lawyer. I worked for legal services as a high school student. It's interesting how kids interpret things.

5 comments:

Lena's Mom said...

Those answers are too cute. It is amazing how kids see things from a whole different perspective.

Shelby said...

I love it!!! I'm gonna have to copy that one! I love the last answer "She really loves me. And types it on her computer!" Classic!!

LisAway said...

I like how the way you're the same is that you used to be nine like them. This is a really fun meme. I think you must have seen Sarah's at Hope is Power. I tagged her on it, and I think it's blog that it's been on on MMB. Too bad, because Sarah tagged Sue on it,and I think we'd all like to see HER kids answers!

Oh, also, I was totally surprised about how nice my kids were to me, too!

Maryann said...

That is such a great idea! I love the answers from your kids. You may see that on my blog someday! It's fun to see what your kids think about you!

Alexa said...

So sweet. Your kids are wonderful! and so are you!