Friday, July 4, 2008

Mea Culpa

Apparently it's been too long since I've lived in Alaska and too long since I've remembered my dad's old adage, "Never assume, it makes an ass out of u and me."

Well, remember this?

(I posted it oh so long ago.) Apparently, after talking to my father and being mocked by Mia, it is not a holding area for bears that have been captured (as I assumed!), it is in fact a place for hunters to bring in the bears they have killed. ADF&G measures the skulls and marks the hides and makes sure the hunters have tags for the animals. The hides are typically stinky and Fish and Game got tired to having the smell in their offices.

So much less exciting than my previous thoughts.

Ah, well, here's to false assumptions. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea GRAND clupa!!

(Mia, feel free to comment and mock.)

4 comments:

M said...

This is my third try! I stole my older brother's BlackBerry and I wanted to comment on my blog via BlackBerry but it's been nothing but a pain in my butt! I even had a clever comment about my incredible narcissism but I just want to get this .!?@*@ thing posted!

Maryann said...

how are you up there in freezing land? I know, I know it's probably very moderate up there. Are you having fun? Are kiddos ok? I hope that you all are well and we look forward to your return.

Maryann said...

ok lady! I keep looking for the new post and where is it? We just got back from CG lake and I thought I would sit and blog and read your recent one...and where is it? Get on the ball. Are you having fun? We miss you. Hope all is well.

Shelby said...

Wow...I did not know those kinds of places even existed! Interesting! Although, it must be kind of smelly inside!