Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Conversations IV

Sunday, April 6, 2008:

We all gathered around the computer to watch (delayed) the Solemn Assembly from the first session of conference.

Mom: And who's the next prophet?
Quinn: Thomas...Edison!

*****
Monday, April 14, 2008

Quinn: Mom, did you get pregnant in the middle of the night?
Mom: (shocked) What?
Quinn: I heard you on the phone and you said that you got pregnant in the middle of the night.
Mom: (racking her brain) OOOH, no, what I said was WHEN I was pregnant (pointing at Rhys) I had to get up and pee in the middle of the night and then when I got there I couldn't go.

Moral of the story: Not only do little pitchers have big ears, but bigger pitchers have even bigger ones and they don't always hear properly. I'm just glad we had the conversation last night instead of finding out that Quinn had gone to school and told all of his classmates that his mom got pregnant in the middle of the night!

****

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Rhys: Um, Mom, Quinn has both Apple Jacks and Pops in his bowl and I was wondering...um, can we have both cereals?
Mom: Yes.
Rhys: Sweet! Without Cheerios?
Mom: Yes.
Rhys: Awesome!

See how he threw his brother under the bus while trying to make like he wanted to follow the rules?! Rhys is such a good big brother!

*****

By the way, my daughter has the most amazing conversations with other four-year-olds in our van. I wish I had a tape recorder; not so much as to bore you with the details but just to record the moment. I love how quickly they change subject and the sentences that make them say, "Ellaweez, you so funny!"

12 comments:

M said...

Because I'm a comment whore

M said...

And because, seriously, I love this quote and this movie.

M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
M said...

Dr. Jules Hilbert: Hell Harold, you could just eat nothing but pancakes if you wanted.

M said...

Harold Crick: What is wrong with you? Hey, I don't want to eat nothing but pancakes, I want to live! I mean, who in their right mind in a choice between pancakes and living chooses pancakes?

M said...

Dr. Jules Hilbert: Harold, if you pause to think, you'd realize that that answer is inextricably contingent upon the type of life being led... and, of course, the quality of the pancakes.

M said...

completely gratuitous attempt to up comment count AND try Jill's method of leaving loads of comments at once

M said...

completely gratuitous attempt to up comment count AND try Jill's method of leaving loads of comments at once

M said...

Man, I'm just not very good at that...yet!

Amy said...

Rhys is my kind of kid. We'd totally get along :o)

ConTorTion said...

madness has brought you here

mia said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!
I hope your day is filled with lots of hugs and kisses!

Love,
mia