Friday, May 23, 2008

What A Morning!

And it's only 7:18am. I didn't get out of bed until 7:10am. But already...

Rhys threw Jenny at Quinn resulting in Quinn being scratched in the middle of his forehead, underneath his eye and in front of his left ear; if it had been a knife, he would be down one ear. I asked Rhys, "Why? What were you thinking?" "I just thought it would be fun." He even laughed when I told him that Jenny was not a ball. But I think I finally got to him about the seriousness of his infraction. Now he's concerned that Quinn won't forgive him. So, I hauled Quinn in and we talked about forgiveness and I left Quinn to ponder because really, I can't force him to forgive, no matter how much I want to. *sigh* Drama, drama, drama. Why are siblings a good thing?

But, on the happy upside, (and yes, I realize that's redundant), Robert actually said to me, at 7:12am, "Hey Baby..." Hey baby! Woo woo!! You have to understand that Robert and I don't talk in the morning. I make sure he's up at 7:45am so he can get to work by 8am and then I stay out of his way, maybe grab him a Mountain Dew or Diet Pepsi if needed but I move fast and try to be invisible. He'll talk to me later when he's feeling more civil. But this morning, he said, "Hey Baby," in a completely happy tone. Like he was okay being awake.

So, it's been an amazing morning in all of 8 minutes.

No comments: