Saturday, May 24, 2008

It Has Begun...

Yesterday Quinn came home from school excited but on stealth mode. He wanted to call a friend. "Sure," I said. He whips an index card with 7 digits on it from his school folder. Then tells me, with a sheepish look on his face, "Mom, you remember Isabelle from pre-school?" "Yes." "She gave me her number and said I could call her. Can I?"

My little Romeo. 7-years-old and he's already picking up the ladies numbers. *Sigh* I knew this will come, but now?! Happily, when he tried to call she wasn't home. And really, the conversation would have been (Quinn's side anyway):

"Hi Isabelle."

"Whatcha doin'?"

"Mmmmm...(giggle) Ok."

"I just got home from school."

"Umm...I'll talk to you later."

Hang up. Big. Grin.

1 comment:

Jillybean said...

You just reminded me about when the same thing happened to my son. He was in first grade and he came home with the phone # of a little girl in his class.
He said "She told me to call her. I need to call her."
I stood by and listened to the conversation.
"Hi, Is Ashley there?........
This is CJ............Hello...........Hello........."

Her dad had answered, and hung up on him.
I was SO annoyed! After all, SHE was the one handing out her phone # and telling boys to call her!

Yes, my dear, this is just the beginning.