Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Wanted: A Real Sense of Humor

Apparently, according to my BFF Lizzie, I am not funny ha-ha, I am funny queer; even after yesterday's valiant attempt to be amusing. Now of course, like any good BFF, Lizzie is sugar coating everything to make it easier to swallow. HA! Never, never have a red-headed BFF. (Then again, she could be sugar coating it and I'm really not even funny queer and am more like Ben Stein - "Bueller? Bueller?") Of course, the fact that I would have to agree that my humor doesn't seem to come across in the written form (I swear in real life I have on occasion made people spew soda out their nose or pee their pants) doesn't help. Some how my dry wit (if I can call it that) doesn't come out of my fingers with the same force as it does out of my mouth.

Oh well, in my next life, I want to by like Sue or Amy. (How many times and ways can I link to Sue's blog?!?! She may start to flee from my stalker like ways and for Sue, that's saying something.)

But that's fine. Fine. Fine with me. I've always said that you should laugh hardest at your own jokes. And I still fully intend to be that crazy old lady in the nursing home, sitting in her wheelchair, facing the wall and cackling every so often for no reason at all. At least I'll be happy.

5 comments:

mia said...

I think you are funny! I guess i am not the one to tell you this *rolling eyes .. i am just "silly, corny Mia" *wink*

Jillybean said...

I have an uncle who talks to himself. He says that he is the only intelligent conversation he can find.

There's nothing wrong with laughing at your own jokes.

Jillybean said...

I just looked at your playlist. "The Scotsman" is one of my all time favorite songs! I sing it at the top of my lungs when I'm alone in my car.

People look at me funny.

M said...

well well my BFF some times your funny like when you did booty scoots on the floor last night to impersonate the commercial with the dog, yes it was hysterical. and you can be funny at times I have had some of my best laughs with you. I love you and appreciate you very very much and if you were the funny one all the time I guess that would make me the queer one (just don't tell Mike)

ooh ooh we would be the best Lucy and Ethel LOL
xoxoxo Lizzie

Lizzie said...

ok apparently I have had a long and stressful day at work and realized that I posted a comment into your blog in your name so those of you who read this Maraiya did not make that comment about herself! although that would be a really funny ha ha on her part

Lizzie