Sunday, May 11, 2008

My Apologies...

Well, I posted happy posts for several days in a row but of late (why do I feel like I right this pretty much every other day?!) I haven't been feeling happy and I've been struggling with posting as I haven't wanted to be too much of a downer or maudlin. Argh, sometimes I just wait for one of you to whip out a violin and play along with my sob stories.

I think my period is coming. I know, cliche. But, it happens to be true. The week before (sometimes two weeks before) my cycle, I begin to get very emotional and crave chips and chocolate like nobody's business. And, well, I've been weepy. Thursday night I cried until both nostrils were so plugged that when I tried to breathe it was like trying to suck a good milkshake through a skinny straw; nothing was moving. Which is unfortunate as it's allergy season and my good breathing days are numbered.

Today,however, was a good day. Robert, after our marathon shopping trip yesterday, went out at 9pm and bought me some computer games. (Yea! And you thought all I did was blog and read other people's blogs....) Today Rob and the chitlins (yes, I know what that means) brought me their cards and presents along with hot cocoa topped with whipped cream. Yum. I love Mother's Day! Then we had brunch with Rob's family - many moments of we women saying, "You can't do that. I don't want you to and it's Mother's Day." It was as if a fairy stood over our shoulder and said, "Zing! Wish granted!" *Loved* it!

I got cookies at church. As per usual, each mother got a gift (cookies, not flowers this year) and as per usual, they had way more than needed. (Seriously, do the powers that be think that Mother's Day/Father's Day is to the LDS congregation what Easter/Christmas is to another Christian congregation? They always plan for oodles more people than ever end up attending!) So, since the young women were passing them out, I simply accosted them for more; I came home with 7 cookies (not including the one I ate at church). Plus, in Primary, my kids made me coupon books (Lulu's aren't really written in so I'm pretty sure I can convince her they say anything!) and packets of flower seeds.

Then, Robert made a fabulous dinner: steak cooked over an open flame (literally - our bbq is broken so Rob set up a fire pit in the backyard with a grill on top and cooked) with stir fried veggies and cous cous topped with wasabi teriyaki from Costco. Mouth. So. Happy!

Now, the kids are ready for bed and watching a movie with Robert and I'm blogging. Good times. (No sarcasm included.) However, back to how weepy I'm feeling, when I sat down to write the following is what came out. I apologize for the constant whining and obsessing over my mother but, it is what it is.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day, even if you had to create your own bliss.

4 comments:

Shelby said...

You, my friend are amazing. I love your humor, sarcasm and honesty! I hope you enjoyed your cookies today!

Lena's Mom said...

No need for apologies. We all know that each person grieves in his/her own way. And if we didn't want to hear it, we wouldn't read it. Hope you had a great Mother's Day

Suburban Correspondent said...

I guess the only way to avoid the PMS is to get pregnant...

M said...

yeah - like that's ever going to happen! Maybe if I got drunk...but I don't drink so, hmmm...