Tuesday, May 6, 2008

You Know You're Old When...

You own one of those pill sorter boxes. Even better, yours has compartments for the morning AND the evening.

Your daily vitamins include ibuprofen.

Someone at church points out that you are your children's ancestor. Suddenly 32 is the new 60.

You eat Grape Nuts with minimal sugar and damn, but they taste good!

You can't remember the name for anything: your children become Rhinnlouise; the microwave is the fridge and the stove is the sink; your bedroom is the bathroom; and on and on.

You purposely seek out things with higher fiber.

You can be trusted.

You have to say, "What?" "Come again?" or "Excuse me?" more than once to accurately hear one sentence.

Children you do not know, whom you are not in the process of disciplining, call you ma'am.

You walk into a room and can't remember what in the world you went there for.

Changing the sheets on your bed makes you break out in a sweat.

You put your cellphone in fridge and leave the juice sitting on the counter.

The menopausal woman next to you is complaining of "her own personal summers" and you seem to be sharing it with her.

You are running errands, all the sales clerks call you ma'am.

You remember when gas was less than $1.50 and have listened to the Beach Boys on 8-track.

6 comments:

Jillybean said...

So what you're telling me is that the microwave is not called a fridge?
Or the stove is not the sink?
All I have to say is that you should pity the poor young punk that points this out to me.
In an effort to avoid calling my kids the wrong names, I have devised this system of nicknames. I refer to them as "tall kid", "female child", "blonde boy" and "sweetie."
Try it, it works.
Also, I actually PREFER my cell phone chilled.
The remote control also. Actually, I hear that refrigeration can prolong battery life. I'm just saving batteries!
I remember paying .79 cents for a gallon of gas.

I feel so old.

mia said...

Old is when you wake up tired!

M said...

Well then color me ancient!

M said...

Good to know I'm not the only senile one in the bunch!

Suburban Correspondent said...

Oh, dear, I like grapenuts without sugar. I guess it's the beginning of the end...

Lizzie said...

Ahhh yes I will tell on myself about the cell phone in the fridge yes it was I your faithful neighbor and BFF< I was reading your comments from other people and noticed the ol' name change my mother use to call my sister and I melizabeth (melissa and elizabeth) together, we had encouraged her many times to have another baby and name the baby Melizabeth but for some reason she said 2 is enough, I on the other hand had been watching Greys anatomy one fabulous night and noticed that the DR couldn't remember the interns names so there for she numbered them I have
#1 Jay
#2 Mycalah
#3 Dylan
#4 Jeremiah
and by some miraculous reason they know who they are by their number, It could be worse I guess I could yell their nicknames in the store at the top of my lungs and then humiliate them to death (hmm that sounds like a good idea) anywho your fabulous and xoxoxo I love getting old with you
Lizzie